How did the EU Referendum come to pass? David Cameron isn’t the only one who might be scratching his head as to why a public vote was granted. In this episode, Tim goes on a solo mission to find out and discovers how the little known Backbench Business Committee grew to wield huge influence in shaping the future of our country. Tim takes listeners through a fine piece from the BBC’s parliamentary correspondent, Mark D’Arcy, and learns the key protagonists in triggering the referendum, and ultimately Brexit, came in the unlikely form of a politics professor and the speaker of the house.
STAY ON TOP OF THE BEST BREXIT NEWS
Join our mailing list here - we promise, no spam
- Michael Newman on British Jews wanting to find refuge in Germany
- Robyn Munro gives us a rundown of recent Brexit developments
- Stephen Timms shares an inside look at the Brexit Select Committee
- Election day tactics with Frances Foley of the Progressive Alliance
- Oh snap, another election! Henry Newman on what it means for Brexit