Passport enquiries to the German embassy from British Jews have risen sharply since the EU referendum. Michael Newman, the chief executive of The Association of Jewish Refugees talked to Tim to explain why. They touch on why Michael, as a descendant of holocaust survivors, is allowed to re-claim his ancestor’s German citizenship, as well as about the political climate that forced him to make this decision and about the psychological strain, which a return to the country that persecuted their families could put on British Jews.
STAY ON TOP OF THE BEST BREXIT NEWS
Join our mailing list here - we promise, no spam
- Jim Duffy and Lucy-Rose Walker on the business mind-set required to make Brexit a success
- Lembit Öpik of the Motorcycle Action Group goes full throttle on Brexit
- Election day tactics with Frances Foley of the Progressive Alliance
- European Parliament VP Mairead McGuinness on Brexit & women in politics
- Isabel Gahren on how social bots manipulate our political views