The Sunday Times is the UK’s most popular quality newspaper and enjoys the most successful sales week of the year with the publication of its eagerly-awaited Rich List. Whether through admiration, envy or intrigue, the nation remains captivated by those of great wealth. So what do they think of Britain’s decision to leave the European Union?–Or do they simply have too much money to care? There could be no-one better to turn to for insight that Rob Watts, the former deputy political editor of the Sunday Telegraph, who has the task of compiling the list. Rob tries to convince Tim that his life does not consist of leaping from super yacht to super yacht trying not to spill his Dom Perignon, but that as well as wading through thousands of company accounts, he does meet a varied mix of opinionated characters. This episode offers a rare insight into the world of the super rich and the mind-set of both flamboyant and intensely private individuals who are linked by their business success.
STAY ON TOP OF THE BEST BREXIT NEWS
Join our mailing list here - we promise, no spam
- Minette Batters says trade links are top priority for farmers
- The Triathlon Industry Association on how Brexit won’t stop the sport being a runaway success
- Dr Mike Galsworthy on the importance of European collaboration for UK scientists
- Ian Wright on the possibility of chlorinated chicken invading our shelves
- Sir Ivan the Terrible? Vicenzo Scarpetta on civil servant’s resignation